Sunday, November 9, 2008

I cannot say it better than this:


The righteous shall flourish like the palm--and this is a palm in my front yard.

Dear Father, take this day's life into Thine own keeping.
Control all my thoughts and feelings.
Direct all my energies.
Instruct my mind. Sustain my will.
Take my hands and make them skilful to serve Thee.
Take my feet and make them swift to do Thy bidding.
Take my eyes and keep them fixed upon Thine everlasting beauty.
Take my mouth and make it eloquent in testimony to Thy love.
Make this day a day of obedience, a day of spiritual joy and peace.
Make this day's work a little part of the work of the Kingdom of my Lord Christ,
in whose name these my prayers are said.
Amen.
--John Baillie

We begin another week. Lord, You have plans for us we cannot fathom. Each successive week brings new potential, new plans, and new pain. Use us. Use us. Use us.

This weekend we anticipate a visit from the national leader of IEM, Salvador Vilanculos. He is a godly man whom we greatly respect and admire. He has brought IEM to her feet and is bringing her (kicking and screaming) into "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." Pray for him in the face of the obstacles that confront him.

Ciao.

No comments: